Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Just Released! Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is the follow-up to the 2010 hit title FINAL FANTASY XIII, and the latest installment in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series, which has shipped over 100 million units worldwide. The all-star production staff returns to create a true sequel that offers a more immersive experience than its predecessor, with extraordinary level design that encourages exploration, a more strategic paradigm-based Active Time Battle system, the ability to tame monsters and have them fight in your party, and a multi-path, player-driven experience that offers significant replay value.
Cocoon - a utopia in the sky. Its inhabitants believed their world a paradise. Under the Sanctum's rule, Cocoon had long known peace and prosperity. Mankind was blessed by its protectors, the benevolent fal'Cie, and believed that tranquil days would continue forever. Their tranquillity was shattered with the discovery of one hostile fal'Cie. The moment that fal'Cie from Pulse - the feared and detested lowerworld - awoke from its slumber, peace on Cocoon came to an end. Fal'Cie curse humans, turning them into magic-wielding servants. They become l'Cie - chosen of the fal'Cie. Those branded with the mark of a l'Cie carry the burden of either fulfilling their Focus or facing a fate harsher than death itself. A prayer for redemption. A wish to protect the world. A promise to challenge destiny. After thirteen days of fates intertwined, the battle begins. Set several years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her.
Three years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off on a journey that transcends time and space, hoping to find Lightning.
* Player-driven scenario with freedom over story progression
* Multiple endings offer extensive replay value
* Tame and develop over 150 different monsters as party members, including iconic monsters like cactuars, tonberries, and behemoths
* Newly added "tuning" feature allows for greater strategic control over paradigms
* Cinematic Action sequences blur the line between battles and cutscenes
* Diverse in-game environments rife with NPCs offer an abundance of exploration opportunities and side missions
* Just as the monsters appear on screen, a dial clock called "Mog Clock" appears in the middle of the bottom half of the screen and a red ring surrounds the player's character with a radius of about 3 meters.
* The Crux system allows players to jump through various gates throughout XIII-2. Players will see a drastic change, based on their choices. This would also go towards the multiple endings of the game.
* Players will be presented with a puzzle-like problem in a void between dimensions.
* The player will be presented with a series of "dialogue trees" when talking to non-player characters (NPCs).