Friday, February 17, 2012
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is a Western themed first-person shooter video game set in the years of 1864-1866. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood was announced on January 14, 2009 and uses the Chrome Engine 4, the fourth generation of Techland's game engine. Developed by Techland and published by Ubisoft, it is a prequel to Call of Juarez that debuted in 2006 for Microsoft Windows and 2007 on the Xbox 360. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on June 30, 2009.
The story begins with Ray and Thomas pointing their guns at each other. William laments on how things degenerated between them to the point of them becoming mortal enemies,saying that they were family.A gunshot is heard.
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood features two playable characters: brothers Ray and Thomas. Characters differ from each other which strongly affects the gameplay.
* Ray McCall: The older of the two playable brothers, prefers a close combat style and tasks which require the use of brute force. Of the two, he is also more deadly with dual guns and dynamite. Ray is more resistant to damage and has significantly greater strength. Ray's 'bullet time' ability allows the player to shoot up to 24 targets with perfect accuracy (Using so called "Volcano" guns, which are Smith and Wesson volcanic repeaters). Voiced by Marc Alaimo.
* Thomas McCall: A sharpshooter with a long-range combat style, using rifles, throwing knives, and a hunting bow. He is also capable of stealth, using 'silent' weapons like the knives and bow. Additionally he can use a lasso to access otherwise unreachable places.Thomas' bullet time only allows the player to shoot 6 enemies at a time, but has a wider range of targets. The player must simulate Thomas' from-the-hip shooting by holding down the fire button and moving the analog stick or mouse forward and back. Voiced by Zach Hanks.
* William McCall: The youngest and unplayable brother is a priest who follows his brothers everywhere, believing it is his duty to turn them "towards the light". He will follow the brothers into firefights and must be protected. He is always trying to convince his brothers to stay out of trouble, but ultimately ends up becoming a "sinner", as Juarez said he would, when he is forced to kill in self defense. William's last act is to stop his two brothers from killing each other. Standing between them he claims he will "draw on three". Ray shoots him, but realizes William was only reaching for his Bible. William's self sacrifice inspires Ray to become a priest. In Call of Juarez, Reverend Ray McCall carries William's Bible with him, and the protagonist of Call of Juarez, Billy Candle is presumably named in memory of the youngest McCall brother. Voiced by Carlos Alazraqui.
* Juarez: His real name is Juan Mendoza. A powerful Mexican bandit leader, nicknamed Juarez after the town he was born in, is one of the main antagonists but is at first an ally. The McCall brothers meet Juarez when they save Marisa from a group of bandits that take her for a common whore. The McCall brothers' reason for being in Mexico is to find the lost treasure of Cortez; Juarez is also looking for it and he employs the McCall brothers to help him find it for a cut. At the time Marisa is his mistress; this is what generates most of the conflict between him and Ray because Ray secretly loves her. Juarez is also the biological father of William "Billy Candle", the protagonist of Call of Juarez. Voiced by Rene Mujica.
* Marisa : Juarez's mistress and love interest of both McCall brothers. She is often a source of contention between Ray and Thomas. Even causing a fist fight between them to determine who is the strongest and most deserving of her affection. She marries Thomas in the closing artwork. Voiced by Giselle Anthony.
* Jeremy Barnsby One of the main antagonists and Ray and Thomas' colonel during the Civil War. Barnsby made a promise that he would hunt down and kill every deserter from his unit in the Civil War, holding those men responsible for the loss of Atlanta and the death of his family. After the war, Barnsby assembled a small army of former Confederate soldiers who refused to accept the defeat. Hounded by the US military, they have fled west where they live as brigands. When he hears the McCalls are seeking the Lost Gold of Juarez, he not only seeks to kill them for deserting him, but to seize the treasure for himself so that he can resurrect the Confederate cause. Voiced by John Cygan.
* Seeing Farther : Son of the Apache chief Running River. He is sent by his father to the bandit Juarez, from whom he wants to get hundreds of rifles in exchange for the Apaches' treasure: A medallion that leads to the Lost Gold of Juarez. The rifles are wanted by the Apaches to use in skirmishes against the U.S. government. He is the McCall's ally throughout most of the game, he helps them get the medallion and tells William how to use it. Voiced by Dante Basco.