MLB 11 The Show
- New analog stick control defaults allow for more tactile pitching, hitting and fielding
- MLB 11 The Show features a 1-4 player co-op mode, with 2-on-2 online multiplayer
- Deeper Player Progression in "Create a Player" Mode
- Challenge of the Week online mode provides a baseball fix for hardcore fans eager for a chance at big-time prizes
- Showcase technology with 3D game functionality and PlayStation Move support
The Best in Baseball is Back
The #1 selling, highest rated baseball franchise is back in MLB 11 The Show. Experience new ways to play The Show with the new Pure Analog controls. Team up in all-new co-op play, get called up to the Big Leagues with new and improved Road to the Show features and compete for real world prizes in MLB The Show's all-new Challenge of the Week.
Pure Analog Control
Unlike the face button controls for hitting and pitching found in earlierMLB The Show games, MLB 11 The Show utilizes default analog stick controls. When at the plate on offense batters hold the right stick down and push it up to swing. The intent is for the batter to physically connect with the pitcher's rhythm - possibly even stretching your out at the plate by altering your swing on the fly as you angle the stick to the right or left in attempt to make contact with breaking pitches. When pitching the analog stick is used to aim the type of pitch you have chosen as your delivery gauge reaches the optimal point. The analog stick is also used in fielding as players point to the base they want to throw to. For players who prefer the face button control method, the analog stick control configuration can be disabled at any time.
PlayStation Move Support
MLB 11 The Show features optional PlayStation Move support within its Home Run Derby functionality. Peripherals required for this support are the PlayStation Eye camera and the PlayStation Move motion controller. When activated the Move motion controller projects a transparent bat on the screen, allowing the player to measure the oncoming balls, knock dirt from their spikes or literally point to the spot in the bleachers that they are aiming for.
Key Game Features
* All-new Analog Pure Hitting and Pitching – Use the DualShock 3 analog sticks as a new way to experience MLB The Show
* All-New Co-op play – MLB 11 The Show features a 1-4 player co-op mode, with 2-on-2 online multiplayer
* New and Improved Road to the Show Functionality – Increase your skills with instant player performance evaluations and get called up to The Big Leagues
* Challenge of the Week Online Mode – The weekly baseball fix for hardcore fans eager for a chance at big-time prizes
* PlayStation Move Support – The new Home Run Derby built into MLB 11 The Show features optional PlayStation Move support (Move Motion Controller and PlayStation Eye camera peripheral sold separately)
* 3D Compatibility - MLB 11 The Show is a Stereoscopic 3D compatible game*
* An Authentic MLB Experience - Enjoy an authentic MLB experience not found in any other baseball video game